|Langford Home Contact Other Material|
Free reads from David Langford
Reponding to the instant fame of this SFWA VP rant about the SF-writing "webscabs" and "pixel-stained technopeasant wretch[es]" who offer samples of their work on line rather than diligently making cuneiform impressions in wet clay as God intended ... Jo Walton, bless her, declared 23 April 2007 to be International Pixel-Stained Technopeasant Day: "On this day, everyone who wants to should give away professional quality work online. It doesn't matter if it's a novel, a story or a poem, it doesn't matter if it's already been published or if it hasn't, the point is it should be disseminated online to celebrate our technopeasanthood." More here.
I'm glad to join in. The story and article links below became active on the day of days! All texts copyright © David Langford except (most of) Conspiracy Theories and Drilkjis, which contain their own copyright notices.
- Story: "comp.basilisk FAQ" (Nature "Futures", 2 December 1999; collected in Different Kinds of Darkness)
- Story: "New Hope for the Dead" (Nature "Futures", 26 May 2005; uncollected)
- Article: "SFX Book Club: The Stars My Destination" (SFX #153, February 2007)
- Column: "Seventy Years On" (SFX #153, February 2007)
- Essay: "James Branch Cabell" (written 2004 for for the US Dictionary of Literary Biography volume 20th Century American Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers, 1900-1950, which was mysteriously cancelled)
- Essay: "John Myers Myers" (as above)
- Essay: "Thorne Smith" (as above)
- Chapbook: Conspiracy Theories (1987) ed. Chris Evans (uploaded with his permission)
- Fanzine: Drilkjis (1976-1982) ed. Dave Langford & Kevin Smith (a selection. Requires login: user name fan, password malsenn.)
|Home Contact Other Material|