The current SFVIEW, version 1.19, includes release notes on updates as follows:
- Additional Voice Only and Voice Only 2 submenus under Multimedia to access unidentified (by our hard-of-hearing programmer) audio clips.
- Help system converted to Windows CHM format since the old HLP files are not supported by default in Vista.
- Presentation of SFVIEW directories in Release Notes window amended to deal with long pathnames.
- Fixed Headwords window mouse click sync problem on large screens.
- Bug fix for startup error introduced by "improved" valid drive testing.
- "Removable drives" setting added to Options menu. See Help file.
- Retitled one of the two "SF" headwords as "SF [alphabetization]" and moved it to its correct position as the only "SF ..." entry to appear after "SE ..." (see the entry itself). All indexes should be rebuilt.
- Fixed minor bug with inexact font sizes in Entry Display window, which now uses the precise point size specified in Options | Fonts.
- Entry last viewed on previous run saved and added to File menus and History popup menu. I noticed a personal tic of looking something up, exiting SFVIEW, and then very soon wanting to look at the same entry again....
- Multimedia menu item added to Headwords window, accessing SFE video clips (submenus Movies, Talking Heads and Theme Animations). Assumes QuickTime Movie Player or equivalent is installed on your system as the default for .MOV files.
- Remove 64k limit on Addenda text to allow its further expansion.
- Customization of crowded Entry Display button bar introduced. Right-click on any active button for option of hiding it. Click on buttonless part of bar for Show All Buttons restore option.
- Find Next menu item and button disabled when no Find text has been entered.
- Backward search in Find dialogue and Find Previous menu option added to entry display.
- Fixed problem of disabled Picture button on some systems.
- Fixed behaviour of << button after global search (it would redisplay the current entry).
- Fixed one headword (ASIMOV'S ...) incorrectly not marked as xref with ">" owing to duff Grolier coding.
- Moved Addenda notification and click from entry display toolbar to main menu bar.
- Use of temporary disk file eliminated in entry display: slight speed increase.
- Fixed some incorrect/misleading help hints.
- Added right-click popup menu in Bookmarks Editor, providing "copy list to clipboard" option.
- Eliminated unwanted keyboard sound produced by alphameric keystrokes in headwords "instant search".